Friday, February 08, 2008

Bagel, No Bargain

On Wednesday, when I was in Ramat Eshkol, after going to the Neve Yaakov pool, before going to teach in Beit El, I was starving, so I bought some lunch.

There's a nice variety of food places in the shopping center. Yes, the sandwiches were under ns20. I decided to try the bagel place, Sam's. They seem to be real boiled-first bagels. I chose tuna, even though its pale color hinted at much too much mayonaise.

Bagel
It cost ns17, almost as much as the Red Box I had bought in Cafe Hillel earlier in the week.

Afterwards I was still hungry. And the wholewheat bagel was too sweet, but that's a common problem here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seldom do you post pictures of sweets or desserts. Your lunches always make me hungry...now, can we finish with something sweet?

Batya said...

Considering how overweight I am, it may be hard for people to believe that I don't eat much in sweets.
Today, for instance, as part of my meal, I polished off an entire yeminite pitta, with the help of some olive oil.