Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Now, How Could I Complain?

After finishing at the Neve Yaakov Pool, I gave a quick call to the school where I teach, just to check the schedule. Being that we're in "finals season" I never know when I'll be given a bissel extra "vacation."

Good thing I called. The secretary told me that I'd be starting later than usual. I quickly called a friend, with whom I'd been trying to make a lunch date, and-- we did it!

Considering how Bush's visit has paralysed Jerusalem and imprisoned innocent Israelis in their homes, we were pretty restricted as to venue. Luckily both the bus I was on and the Begin Highway, she could access, both reached Ramat Eshkol, so we met there in the shopping center.

After waiting over half an hour on line in the post office to mail my mother a birthday card, which should have had been mailed a week ago to arrive today, we went to the nearby "Nina's Bagel Cafe`."


I ordered a "tuna bagel." It was OK for ns20; though it wasn't a "real bagel," the boiled then baked variety. But there was salad and it was big and, I'll repeat, only twenty shekels. Yes, I also gave a tip. Nu, it didn't break the bank.



Then we walked around a bit, and I was tempted by this simple lounge, but it's certainly not very portable, considering that I was wheeling my pool bag plus and was on my way to work.



Trying to catch the bus was almost dangerous, since that truck parked in front of the bus stop on the sidewalk. I had to stand on the busy road to see the bus and hail it.



Yes, B"H, I'm fine.

2 comments:

Leora said...

Very tempting food photo. Especially the salad.

Batya said...

Yes, I'd go back there to eat a sandwich; though other things on the menu weren't so good a deal. They weren't outrageous. I have to see how generous the portions. But I do have a "thing" about 20 shekel lunches. My friend had a nice big coffee for only 11.