Monday, July 04, 2005

busy, busy, busy

Yes, I'm busy, and I'm on vacation from teaching. How would I survive if I was working? I wouldn't.

Yesterday was my parents' last full day in Israel, before returning to the states. This morning they're taking a cab to the airport. Yesterday my mother finished packing except for what they needed for sleeping and traveling. Will I do as well at 80? Will I be alive at 80?

I left them with two of my daughters who treated me as an irresponsible teen for my transportation ways of "tremping" home. So, like a good girl, I called as soon as I got into my next door neighbor's car, so they shouldn't worry and shouldn't worry my parents unnecessarily. I'm a good girl.

Today I'm off to babysit for "future lawyer," the youngest little girl in the Hebrew University Law department as her mother interviews students for the special "clinic" program she runs in Israel Movement for Quality in Government. Whatever Porat ends up being, she has been charming all the staff smiling and chatting away in whatever language tiny infants of her age speak. Of course I'm bragging, what else are "bubbies" supposed to do?

After that we may see a visiting relative and then I'll rush back home for a memorial "shiur" (Torah lesson) my neighbor is having in memory of her mother.

This year I'll take a pass on the American Independence Consulate "event." Being the token YESHA guest doesn't do much for me.

I can't believe that I'll be going to the states in a week and a half. There's still a possibility of getting me to speak about what's going on here. I'll be in the NY/NJ area, unless transportation further afield is covered. Contact me at shilohmuse at yahoo dot com

Next week, before leaving, I'll be giving a session at the ETAI English Teachers convention.

Dishes are waiting my attention, or in other words, I had better wash the dishes and do lots of other things here in the house.

Lots to do before leaving to babysit at the university.

2 comments:

Esther said...

I always wonder how people get things done when they work fulltime since i always seem pretty busy when I'm not. I guess some people are just always busy?

Batya said...

True