Friday, July 15, 2005

They still speak to me in Spanish

Doesn't look like any grahics here. I'm on a lt mac, my friend's iBook, and I'm learning my way around, so plese don't complain about spellilng, graphics etc.

I'm in that big foreign country, and I'm Rip Van Winkle.

I had to b uy my LIRR ticket from a machine. Luckily someone behind me was really new to it and in a rush, so we did it together with people helping. You'd think you wer ein ISrel, not GN. And then after I paid a $20 bill, out came a bunch of unrecognizable coins. Somebedy told me they were dollars, but they weren't the same, differnt colors.

The train was pretty much the same, just talked more, more announcemtns.

Penn station was different. I bought some stockings, why didn't I stock up in Israel? Then the clerk said something I didn't catch it. Then he told me that he had first used Spanish.

OK, so I still look Puerto Rican.

2 comments:

Esther said...

LOL! Sounds like the adventure has begun. Enjoy! (and yes, the iBook does feel foreign at times but I'm liking mine finally)

Batya said...

this is an old one; actually now I'm using a fancy new emac in my friends' place.
I left another musing away