Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It's like....

There really are skills that one never really loses. Some say riding a bicycle is one; though I've been terrified to try. Roller skating for sure is one.

And now, add to the list..... crocheting, ok, once I realized that navy blue is too dark for my eyes; I couldn't see where to stick the hook. But once I took out the rose colored yarn, wonderful.

After over twenty years without touching a crochet hook, I decided that I was tired of needlepoint, and there wasn't any room left on the walls. Then I still needed something to keep my hands busy with. A couple of friends had been suggesting that I crochet "hats," young ladies' hats, like large "kippot." It's a popular style here. My daughter wears them.

So I consulted with the lawyer, my daughter, to hear what she thinks. And I guess that she didn't want lots more needlepoints either. So she figured that I could crochet, and we can always find someone to wear the hats.

Well, I went shopping for yarn, a hook and professional advice. I bought the navy and rose and a hook in a store in Jerusalem. Then I saw that my local store had the yarn much cheaper so I bought more, lighter colors.

And....last night I began while watching "Homocide," after folding the laundry. Now I have something easy to carry for my trip.

I hope security doesn't confiscate the hook. The great thing about the crocheting, is that unlike the needlepoint, I don't need scissors all the time.

It's just over an inch in diameter. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Batya said...

Mirty, My alter ego commented to you then.

So far I'm enjoying the crocheting, the convenience and keeping my hands busy. Calms the hyper in me.