Sunday, July 17, 2005

Soggy NEW YORK

Yes, it's raining in New York. Summer rain that I'm not prepared for. Israeli summers are dry, yes very dry. This seems to be more like a tropical storm, since it's still hot from what my friends say. They're off to visit their son in camp. The rain is putting a damper on their enthusiasm for the long drive and the outdoor venue.

And they left me here with the eMac and stunning view of Manhattan. I'll make my way to a family visit a bit later. Due to jetlag I didn't sleep very late, only up since before 4am, and I went to bed after 1. My doze on the couch was more like a real nap, so I couldn't fall asleep after awaking. The apartment I stayed in has an even more spectacular view.

Manhattan will never seem the same...

4 comments:

CJ Srullowitz said...

We have had, lulei demistafina, CRAZY amounts of rain this summer.

wendy said...

I'd love to go to NYC. Have fun!

Esther said...

You're right...it's not the same. It breaks my heart every time I've looked at that empty space where the twins used to be.

Do enjoy your time there!

Batya said...

Thanks
I wish Israel could get some of the rain, and I'm enjoying the visit.