Tuesday, December 27, 2005

busy day

Yes, it had to be a busy day if I skipped lunch. It just didn't fit in. I had less than a cup of water after leaving home in the morning. I'm not going to go into details, too tired, but just the highlights.

I went to Jerusalem with Porat and her abba, my younger granddaughter and my son-in-law. He needed me to babysit when he went into some office, and I needed him to drive me to a couple of places.

When we finished those errands, he dropped me off near the Imaga hat factory in Talpiyot. I wanted to buy a new hat to wear with my new outfit to the dinner in NY. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in some stores in town, so I decided to try the factory which welcomes customers. It's a real problem when I have something very specific in mind. I saw nothing on display, meaning lots of hats, but not "the hat." The people in charge there tried to help, and finally I managed to describe the type of hat I was looking for. Out came something gorgeous and different. I was told that the style wasn't even in the stores yet. Sounds good to me. And I bought it.

While paying I chatted a bit and discovered that the woman in charge was familiar with my writing. I told her that I always mention special purchases on my blog. So I did.

After finishing there I realized that I had better rush to the bus station, only no bus. We waited a long time for the #14, and then two came. I got a transfer ticket, so I could drop "Breakfast at Tiffany's" off at "3rd ear." When I was waiting for the bus to resume my trip, I suddenly heard a familiar voice, and it was my husband's cousin, visiting from the states. Then the bus came, and I just made my bus home. No time to spare and no time to eat.

And now it's time to sleep.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Wow! What a day. I'm glad you found THE hat.

Batya said...

Thanks, it just makes the outfit and of course can be worn with others.