Friday, December 01, 2006

I should be cleaning the house!

it's such a mess that I'm not even going to take a picture to show you! That's how messy it is!

And besides that, I have to be ready to tutor at 9, and my husband went to Jerusalem and will be back with some US Consulate whatever who expects my legendary 1, 2, 3 Cookies. And another thing, because he's away, I have to do the second round of weekly shopping.

Well, for two good reasons, I'm not making the cookies.

  • I still have the remnants of whatever grounded me on Tuesday, and making cookies is a good way of spreading the "bug," so she'll just have to come another time.
  • when I make my cookies, I eat them! And I'm not talking about a nibble. I gorge on my cookies; they are the best in the world. And I'd really rather not. Out of sight, out of mind as they say!
  • and an extra reason, which you can consider a bonus-- I don't like the idea that I'm "marketed" as just a "homebody" with plenty of time to cook and bake!

I don't know if you're the type to check bloggers' blogrolls, but I just added two very diverse blogs to mine over here. The first is Fred. I didn't know how to describe it. He does fantastic photo art, and I'll be using one of his creations to change one of my profile pictures, probably on Shiloh Musings.

The other one is Elisheva blogs, who has volunteered to host the January Kosher Cooking Carnival. Thanks, Elisheva!! In the meantime, you still have a couple of weeks to get your posts in for the December--13 is Kosher-- edition! Or should we call it The Baker's Dozen?

If you see something that fits the bill on another blog, please send me that link, too. Either send to shilohmuse at gmail dot com or via blog carnival.

Shabbat Shalom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the only cookies I'll ever eat are home made ones.
Will you fedex a few to me:)

mother in israel said...

My mother a"h always let me bake when I was home sick. Any germs will be destroyed by the heat of the oven. Just wash your hands well before handling the final product.

Batya said...

Sorry, prag, you'll have to visit, and for you, I'll bake!

mii,
cake's one thing, but my cookies are something else, I keep nibbling and I even breathe on them. And since I lose all self-control, I may even cough on them.

ps Don't worry prag, I'll be healthy for you!