Saturday, December 30, 2006

More visiting and some cake



Last night we went visiting. A neighbor's mother has made aliyah, no, not on the Nefesh B'Nefesh flight I greeted. So they invited some of us to wish her a mazal tov. I ended up baking, since I was hosting the "Shiur Nashim," "Shabbat Torah Lesson for Women." I was in the mood for my "Diet Killer--Apple Crisp"; the low-sugar version I make is tasty enough. So I made three. One for us (ok, me and a guest) to eat Friday night, another to take to the neighbors and the third for the "shiur."


I'm still freezing. Waiting an hour in Beit El for a ride Thursday was not good for my health. I get this pain in my upper back. Luckily I remembered that we have this purple thing that you heat up in the microwave and can wear like a shawl. I wish I had socks like that. My feet are still frozen, and it's Saturday night already.

Now for some visits, cyber-visits...
Marallyn is enjoying her brother's visit and thinking of the old country's weather.
Cos' suggests we check out the Walking For Israel Blog. OK!
Smooth writes about Saddam Hussein's hanging. Remember that "G-d is the True Judge."
Soccer Dad writes about the late US President Ford.
Ezzie writes about sexual abuse in the Orthodox community.

This is getting depressing, so let me find something more fun...
Jameel has some "snow pictures," and I see that he also signed up for the ads, and he's designing a new banner for the Muqata.

I think that's it for now. the shawl cooled, must reheat it.
Shavua Tov and Tzom Kal for those who plan of fasting tomorrow.

No comments: