Saturday, December 09, 2006

Simply, Superb Chicken

I must admit that one of my most successful foods is my Simply, Superb Chicken. Funny thing is that I developed it during my 25 years as vegetarian, never tasting it; though I must admit that it did smell good. Now that I eat it...

  • First of all, I soak the thawed, I always buy frozen, chicken in a pot of water. I use hot water if I want to finish thawing it quickly.
  • Then I pour out the water and pour boiling water on it. That helps make it easier to pull out any remaining feathers.
  • As you can see, I place the pieces in a large pan, or two, since I do have a small oven.
  • Dribble some fresh lemon and then the minimum spices: paprika, pepper and granulated garlic

I bake it in the oven at the highest temperature my oven will go. It's electric with the heating element on top. That's it!

As you can see, it's ready, and it's delicious. Yes, in case you've noticed, I serve the lower part of the chicken. My family won't eat the white. I also cook it in its skin.

Personally, I don't eat yellow cheese, which I consider very unhealthy--bad and too much milk fats, but I don't drink skimmed milk, or any 0% dairy. I do eat the dark part of the chicken. I have no doubt that if you don't eat enough cholesterol, your body will just over-produce it. But that's another story....

And while you're cooking, please don't forget to send your recipe in for the Kosher Cooking Carnival. If you see something that fits the bill on another blog, please send me that link, too. Either send to shilohmuse at gmail dot com or via blog carnival.

Thanks and shavua tov! Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy.

shavua tov!

Anonymous said...

shavuah tov muse...your chicken looks yummy...here is my version of kentucky fried chicken...in a plastic bag put one cup of flour and one cup of corn meal (yellow not the white baby cornflour) add a dash of garlic, chicken soup powder, paprika, black pepper...drop the chicken pieces in and shake and bake...on the rack...medium oven...for about an hour...doesn't need turning...yummy too...a sweet shavuah tov

Batya said...

thanks
sounds great
why not post it for kcc?

Anonymous said...

be my guest...it is a great chicken recipe muse

Batya said...

thank you, you're in