Thursday, December 21, 2006

Vacation from vacation?


Well, a vacation from vacation would normally be going to work, which would provide a routine, rather than a time to fill. Right?

But instead of work, I may be switching from vacation mode into strike mode. Yes, me striking?! Who would have thought it possible?

Today I got a call from the school secretary. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll be striking on Sunday instead of teaching! Serious budget cuts from the Education Ministry are making it financially impossible to run the schools.

The school I teach in, Yeshivat Tichonit Mateh Binyamin, in Beit El, is part of the Bnai Akiva High School Network. Our head office called the strike. I don't know if it's a one-day protest strike or longer. I googled the strike in English and didn't find anything new or more detailed.

So, G-d willing, if that's the case, I'll first finish Havel Havelim and then go some place. Today I've been home all day eating and cooking and doing Havel Havelim. It's just not healthy to stay home so much. I can feel the air growing stale, since I feel too cold to open up the window and door.

Maybe I'll take my camera out for a walk after lighting Chanukah candles. It's the 7th night. The eighth will be on Shabbat, and I won't be able to take pictures then.

Time to light the Chanukiya!

ps the picture was taken of me playing a great game I invented:
"Pin the candle on the Chanukiya"
It's modeled on "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a zillion years ago when i was teaching in detroit we went on strike...i hated it...but you godda do what you godda do...good luck sunday...let us know how you are...shabbat shalom

Batya said...

I've been making plans, so I hope we do strike. Am I a bad girl?
My neighbor says it's for a day--so far. But I'm worried about my seniors; they have tests.