Sunday, August 12, 2007

NY Kosher Restaurants, my recent visit

Before I forget, I want to mention all the kosher restaurants I ate in during my recent visit to New York. I ate out a lot, at least once a day on the average. If I forget any, I'll try to write updates/corrections.

To confuse you, I'll start with New Jersey. The only kosher restaurant I know there is Jerusalem West, Livingston, NJ. I think I ate the same lunch last year, salmon. It was good. As restaurants go, plain and simple.

On Broadway, NYC, I had some coffee and great Jewish pastries at Jerusalem II. Try their horseshoe-shaped almond treat. I may also have had tuna salad; can't remember.

I did have a bagel with cream cheese at a similar place on West 38, near 7th, but I don't know its name.

I met Ezzie and Irina at Milk & Honey, on 45, between 5th and 6th. I had coffee with them, and then I took an individual pizza for my son and tuna plate for me for our first dinner together, just us.

Twice I ate at My Favorite Food, reviewed here by me. The first time was a Friday lunch with a friend and the second time, "the boy from the Bronx" treated me and my daughter.

The day after I arrived we had a family dinner of sorts at Estihanna, which was fantastic! I ordered "seared tuna." I had no idea what I was getting.

I treated my son to a meal at Colbeh, very special and enough left-overs for his flatmate.

In Great Neck, we ate at Shish Kabob. Don't look at the decor, but it's the best meal for your money. The 9 days fish menu was fantastic. We go there every year. Another repeat is Natalie's, which is a nice dairy place. They're both on Middleneck Road.

We also ate in the Mazer's Restaurant in Little Neck. It's next to their kosher supermarket.

Lastly, the night before I went back home, we ate out in the Dairy King, in Lake Success Shopping Center. Great food.

No comments: