Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday, and Rosh HaShannah is Getting Closer...

I know I should really be dreading G-d's Judgment more than the planning, cleaning and cooking I must do before the Holiday, but I'm a housewife more than a "person."

Does that sound strange?

A friend called in a panic. She may have "surprise guests" for the Holiday, and she doesn't know how she'll fit them into her home and have all the linens and towels properly laundered before and after.

If we're looking for an "SDT," short Dvar Torah, or Torah lesson, I guess we can see it as symbolic of Judaism, which integrates the Kodesh and Chol, Holy and "Profane," (ordinary daily grind.)

Judaism is more than an internal religion of the heart, mind and feelings. It also demands actions, including eating. There's a ritual to our meals, with blessings before and after.

Shabbat Shalom and Shannah Tovah

No comments: