I had a package of chicken wings and a package of chicken breast I needed to cook/use up before Passover. So first I made a very simple sauce. I don't use/buy ready-made sauces.
|Photo by Y. Medad|
- diced onion
- fresh garlic
- a few ripe tomatoes. OK in Israel they aren't expensive, so you can buy a can of diced tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup of wine I needed to get rid of
- a few peppercorns
- a couple of Tablespoons of Tamari sauce
- a couple of Tablespoons vegetable oil of your choice
- saute the vegetables in the oil
- cover pan
- When the sauce is boiling strongly, add the wings and cut pieces of chicken breast.
- Cover again, and cook until chicken has become white and well cooked.