Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Simple Kitchen "Repair"

From the very beginning of my new kitchen, there was no water pressure from the dairy sink. And it went from bad to worse. I called in the kitchen guy and told him that he must have made a real mistake and had to fix it.

He couldn't understand why only drops were coming out. So he did what I should have done immediately and/or what my kids could have done when they visited. He got a tool to unscrew the little filter at the opening of the faucet.

Without that little filter the water flowed nice and strong. Simple cleaning didn't clean the filter, so he put it in a cup with vinegar and told me to rinse and screw it back on in the morning. That's what I did. Now I can easily wash the dishes, and the hot water comes out quickly, too.



PS In all honesty, I had been thinking of it, but the filter didn't unscrew easily. I should have tried harder, but I never would have thought of using vinegar to clean it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there is a moral to the story..???

One can learn something from anyone... even a kitchen guy -plumber.. eh??

Gd bless all.

annony

Batya said...

They are smart

Ed Greenberg said...

I had this happen to me once, and I forgot to turn off the water when I took off the aerator. I got a snoot-full.

Batya said...

Hah