Thursday, August 01, 2019

Jerusalem Museum of Islamic Art

For decades, I've passed the Museum of Islamic Art and never even felt tempted to walk in. But then one of my chevruta, friends I learn with, suggested we go after one of our learning sessions. They have a new special exhibit on Jewelry which sounded interesting. So we went.





I must admit that the jewelry exhibit was nothing special. I prefer the jewelry in the Israel Museum, but the clock exhibit is phenomenal.








The Clock exhibit's great for kids and adults. There's a big story about it, too. Apparently it's extremely valuable, and someone once stole everything. After almost all of the clocks had been  recovered, a special room, which is actually a giant safe was constructed for it as "exhibition space."

There are lots of summer discounts in the Museum of Islamic Art, including free entrance for children at certain times. Check their site for more information.

No comments: