Friday, June 12, 2009

Diet Fads And Fashions

When prepping for the Diet Support Group, I've gone through old diet books which have been gathering dust and grime on the kitchen bookshelves.

One magazine, Bestways, from 1982 described a weight loss diet similar to what is popular now, but all of my other books stressed three meals only, no snacking and keep lowering your calories when "hitting a wall."

All of this reminds me of the inflexible instructions mothers have been given, ever since doctors (males) have gotten involved in babycare. When I gave birth in the 1970's and 1980's, we were given the same instructions my mother got. Babies should only eat every four hours. Nowadays, adults are told to eat every 3-4 hours. Have the pediatricians changed their instructions?

My kids did best on a natural every two hours or so, more or less.

Food for thought...

2 comments:

diet support said...

I have glanced the dietsupport.eu, what a great site it was. I generally use ebooks and blogs - I think peoples personal experience and recommendations are really useful for diet support
.

Batya said...

ds, I have no doubt that you're some commercial site, but I won't delete your comment.