Saturday, June 13, 2009

To Eat or Not To Eat...When Nervous

In case you're wondering how I'm blogging daily sans internet, I'll let you in on a secret. I've been "pre-blogging." I've been setting up daily posts which should just pop up on the screen everyday.

I hope to be leaving for the airport in just over an hour, and my stomach is in knots. For some reason, this time I'm even more nervous than usual. I had my regular onion omelet this morning, but since then, just a baked apple and cooked vegetables and now a plain yogurt. And of course I drink water.

I'll pack some fruit and another yogurt, and then I'll just make do with whatever is served. There's no low carb food on El Al. Worse comes to worse, I'll gain back some of the weight I've lost. By the time this is posted, the trip should be almost over. It's not worth obsessing about food during a two week visit. I'll stay away from cakes etc, but I will have some Hagen Daz mint chip ice cream.

And in a few days, I'll report back, G-d willing.

1 comment:

Leora said...

Safe trip. Look forward to your post trip posts.