Saturday, June 06, 2009

Popular Mode Of Travel

When I first arrived in Israel, summer of 1969, motorcycles were a very popular mode of travel. Even families used them by attaching a side thingee, in which a couple of kids could be seated.

Later on as Israel became more affluent, these small motorized vehicles became rarer. Now, I've noticed more and more on the roads, and more are being driven/ridden by females.

I think that it's a matter of "money speaking," since they cost less to run than cars. Being a motorcycle rider is "in" in some circles, though I find them very dangerous and frightening.

2 comments:

RivkA with a capital A said...

Funny, I just commented about motorcyles on another blog...

My yetzer hara really loves motorcycles. I would have gotten one years ago if they weren't so dangerous!!

Maya / מיה said...

My husband really wants to get a motorcycle/scooter... I'm a little nervous but behind the idea because I know he's a safe driver and it will be nice to have our little car to myself. :) I can't quite imagine traveling with a kid on a motorcycle, though!