Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Pool, Heaven on Earth

Blessed we are here in Shiloh.  Look at this:



A number of years ago some of my wonderful neighbors decided that we needed a pool.  It took a while to actually organize the building etc, but it was done.  And it definitely adds to our quality of life here in Shiloh.  Being that we're a religious community, men and women swim at different times, the same rules for boys and girls over the age of five.  At the beginning and end of the day, it's adults only, male or female depending on the schedule.

The pool is the main reason I don't feel like going away in the summer.

4 comments:

Martin Rutte said...

I'm interested that you use the phrase 'Heaven on Earth'.
It's not a Jewish phrase (I'm Jewish).
I've been studying the phrase for years.
Does it have any basis in Orthodox Judaism.
I'm: martin@martinrutte.com

Batya said...

Good question.
It is similar to the Hebrew I've heard "taam shel olam habaa," "taste of the world to come."

Leora said...

Gorgeous pool. Enjoy!

Shabbat Shalom.

Batya said...

Thanks, Shabbat Shalom