Monday, February 17, 2014

Mozart Kosher Dairy Restaurant, AZ, Revisited Twice

A few years ago, when an internet search for kosher restaurants in the Phoenix, AZ, area helped me discover Mozart Café, I called them on the phone to ask if they were shomer Shabbat, Sabbath observant, meaning truly kosher. They said "of course" and sounded rather amused. This recent Arizona visit had me there twice, and I wasn't the only Israeli customer. There was a very famous Israeli rabbi there both times. So, no doubt that Mozart is the kosher dairy restaurant in the area.

I had the Salad Nicoise, (hold the potatoes, please) which is a fancy name for tuna salad.



My cousin had one of the wraps.  We both loved the food. The salad and its house dressing were delicious, though probably too sweet for our needs, but we didn't complain.  We ate it up. Finishing food is rather genetic by us.  In Miami I ate out with two cousins, and nothing was left on any of the plates.

Later in the visit I returned with a friend and ordered their Greek Salad.  It came with a plain unsweetened salad, nothing like the sweet one I had the previous visit.




I don't remember what she ordered. But for whatever reason, we decided to have dessert, but not a sweet one.  We ordered Zucchini fritters or pancakes.  I don't remember what it was called, but they were good.

I wholeheartedly recommend the restaurant.  Everything was delicious, and it's a very pleasant place to be in.
Kosher & Vegetarian
We are a Certified Kosher Dairy (Cholov Yisroel; Hebrew: חלב ישראל‎) restaurant. Which in return means we do not serve any meat. Almost our entire menu is Vegetarian friendly with an exception to some dishes that have seafood (not considered a meat in Jewish law). 7116 East Mercer LaneScottsdale, AZ 85254(480) 609-3879

No comments: