Sunday, June 29, 2014

Not All Ice Cream is The Same

Many people were really happy that Ben & Jerrry's was served at the American Independence Day reception at the United States Consulate. I wasn't. Years ago, when we first started going/were invited, they served Häagen-Dazs. I love Häagen-Dazs, always did, and even though the original owners are no longer on the scene, I'll never forget that they were strong Zionists and donated even to Shiloh.

There was never even a flavor I didn't like.  I am addicted to their mint ice cream, but that's another story.


I was relieved that Ben & Jerry's was at the consulate, because it's kosher. So I had some. I don't remember the name of one of the flavors; the other was the passionflower. They had no flavor even though there should have been a real contrast between them. I've never had that experience with Häagen-Dazs and even other cheaper ice creams.

Only after we had the meat meal from the Waldorf Astoria stand did I discover that there was kosher sushi, which would have made a better first course. I was stuffed. Next time, if there's a next time, I'll try to check out the offerings first.

2 comments:

goyisherebbe said...

Ben @ Jerry's has a very distinct leftist agenda. They contribute money to leftist causes. BTW, how does one get invited to that wingding?

Batya said...

B & J is awful all around.
We're token "settlers.' Though more and more attendees eat kosher only and others eat kosher because... it looks better?