Saturday, June 21, 2014

Unbelievably Easy Stuffed Vegetables



I'm going to let you in on a secret. I didn't bother making "holes," "nests" for the chopped meat in the squash. I just placed some chopped meat on the squash, and it cooked just fine in the oven. The mini-pumpkins here have a little indented spot, like a nest, which I filled with chopped meat.

Yes, it was that simple. And all I mixed with the chopped meat were:
  • 1 lb. chopped meat
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 diced medium or small onion
  • 1 medium tomato
  • a generous sprinkling of garlic
Just mix it up and use to stuff vegetables, or make a meatloaf or moussaka. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe, and an easy one, also.

I have done a similar thing (not making a hole for the meat). I used chopped turkey...very tasty.
-Lorri M.

Batya said...

Lorri, I usually buy the chopped/minced chicken, but there's so much more flavor in the beef. As long as it doesn't roll off, you don't need to make a hole.