Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trying To Keep Busy

Summer is always a tough time for me. Ever since my sons did their army service, and the house became so empty, I've had problems keeping busy. The pool isn't enough. I don't hang out there lying in the sun. I just go for my 40-60 minutes, as early as I can and then get out of the sun.

Yesterday, I made myself get out and take a walk, since it wasn't women's day. I didn't walk as far as I had planned, since I ran into a friend and talked and it was getting too hot and sunny. But later, at high noon, I went down to the toy/clothing store to get a present for the newest member of the clan, my cousin's grandson and his two big sisters. So that made two walks.

At night, when we had women's pool hours, I went for a swim.

Yesterday, I got a call from a nearby school asking if maybe I'd be interested in teaching a class. It's tempting, since it would take care of some financial needs, like my sick fund and pension payments. Even if that's all it covers, I'd be happy. I told them that I didn't think I could handle a "real" class, just the remedial. And the principal said that she would check out my references. No promises. "Fine with me," I told her. I wasn't looking for anything. "It's all siyata d'Shmaya, in G-d's hand."

I'd probably make more money from unemployment insurance the first year.

Who knows what's next...

2 comments:

frumhouse said...

Well, one thing you can do to keep busy is go to that International Bloggers Conference! That's where I would be if I were in Israel!

Batya said...

That's in another four weeks...
Today I saw old friends. I'll blog about it, bli neder.