Monday, March 30, 2015

And What Did You Find While Cleaning for Passover?

That's the bonus of all this cleaning. We find things including things either we didn't know were missing or figured we'd never see again.

When I moved the TV cabinet, which now hosts the Shabbat candlesticks I saw something small and shiny.



Yes, this small gold earring. I hadn't seen it for years. I do have one which I wear quite a bit, but I hadn't seen its partner for a long time. Now, I have it and am totally amazed.

I guess I shouldn't make fun of spring cleaning.

3 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I don't make fun of spring cleaning, but I don't confuse it with Pesah cleaning and I generally finish it after Pesah. Clutter isn't hametz and may be safely stored in a box, although hopefully not indefinitely.

Hadassa said...

P.S. I found at least six non-matching gloves. Maybe I'll find the mates after Pesah.

Batya said...

Hadassa, very true for sure. But this was in the dining area.

The gloves can be used for sleeping in cold weather. Are they familiar? Clean with them or just throw them out. But you know. As soon as you throw them out their partners will turn up. If that happens, at least then you'll know to throw them out...