It just has three simple parts. The lower one has a very fine filter, finer than a French Press, so I can use it with my inexpensive Israeli Elite Turkish Coffee.
Then there's a cup that fits in which has a few small holes.
- The filter piece goes over the cup.
- The coffee goes over the filter, and
- the cup with holes over that.
- Pour in the water which drips slowly picking up the flavor of the coffee and lands in the cup.
- You can use the cover to keep in the heat.
- And then when it's finished, meaning all the water has filtered through, you can rest the filter and cup on the cover.