Thursday, March 26, 2015

My New Low-Tech One Cup Coffeemaker Filter

Honestly, I don't know what it is called. I used it at my friend's home in New York and asked her where to buy one.

It just has three simple parts. The lower one has a very fine filter, finer than a French Press, so I can use it with my inexpensive Israeli Elite Turkish Coffee.

Then there's a cup that fits in which has a few small holes.

  • The filter piece goes over the cup. 
  • The coffee goes over the filter, and 
  • the cup with holes over that.
  • Pour in the water which drips slowly picking up the flavor of the coffee and lands in the cup. 
  • You can use the cover to keep in the heat.
  • And then when it's finished, meaning all the water has filtered through, you can rest the filter and cup on the cover.
I bought it at Zabar's on Broadway, but I can't find it on their site. It was the last one they had, and I bought the display smaple. 


Hadassa said...

It's called a permanent filter.

Batya said...

Really? thanks