Saturday, April 09, 2005

What I tried to post on Friday, after Thursday night's one was swallowed by the blog monster

I wrote a long post about yesterday's visit to Kever Rachel, Rachel's Tomb in which I described the horrid feeling of being jailed and going through heavy imposing gates, while Arabs and others roam freely.

The once attractive city, now bare of flowers, and filled with heavy concrete walls.

And of Nava Applebaum's (HaY"D) wedding gown draping the tomb...Mother Rachel cries for us, her battered, persecuted children, hated by our brothers, like Josef's brothers hated him.

But what have we done? We're only trying to live according to G-d's command.

And then suddenly, after I finished my prayers and "required" t'hilim (psalms,) I was just saying whatever t'hilim seemed right, I heard, could it have been, no, not really, someone singing and playing a guitar. The long corridor produces echoes, so I couldn't tell it was just one or a whole group. But I had never heard music in Kever Rachel before.

So I hurried to finish; I was curious. I found a man strumming a guitar and singing. I almost forgot that I was behind bars and reinforced concrete walls.

No comments: