Saturday, April 09, 2005

obeying the law

Willow Tree asks a question http://willowgreen.mu.nu/archives/074809.php , and this is my answer:

There are principles. I know that this isn't quite what you want, but not everything's worth getting arrested for, so I try to be careful.When we came back from shlichut with our daughter #3 she was of the age of smallpox vaccinations. I refused to get her vaccinated, since I considered the law unwise/incompetant/out of date. A few months before there had been an announcement by the World Health Organization that the vaccinations were no longer recommended. All of the recent cases had been from labs, so my toddler didn't need it. I explained to the nurse in Tipat Chalav that soon she'd get notice to stop them, and then I'd follow her orders. She thought I was crazy (and dangerous), but I was right.

No comments: