Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Letter From Malka Mishmash


The following is a letter received from a dear friend, Malka Mishmash...


Baile Rochel,

You made me laugh in the midst of my own balagan (I used to think that the word(s) meant "Come to the kindergarten" but, alas, nothing so pleasant.

Last Thursday the movers came and packed half of my things, carting them away to my new flat 3 blocks from where I have been living for the last 1-and-1/2 years.

If it were only moving - Dayenu
If the other half were not being moved tomorrow (Mon.) -Dayenu
If I were not retiling the ugly dark blue bathroom and the blushing pink guest toilet - Dayenu
If I were not redoing the kitchen that could not be used because of its age and could not be looked at because of its ugliness-
Dayenu

There are so many DAYENUS that they are falling into the Chad Gadyas!

My marble floors were cleaned, waxed, and buffed and they are all dusty once again. I seem to hear Adir Hu in my ears. Maybe it's time to be thankful to the good Lord for giving me the strength and enthusiasm to be doing all the renovations in the new flat as well as moving.


Malka Mishmash

No comments: