Sunday, July 01, 2007

I won't stand for it!

Presenting another "consumer report."

I don't believe in being shy about complaints. Things certainly won't improve if I keep my opinions to myself.

Today, after lunch with Marallyn, I went to Photo Nissim to print a bunch of pictures, part of the post-60 birthday (not mine) and the preparations for my trip to New York. The last time I was there I bought a very money-saving card for printing pictures. Of course it's an investment, but the price per picture is about half the regular charge. I had no complaints about their service. I'd sit in the corner and work on their computer. No problem.

When I went in today, I noticed a new piece of furniture, shoulder high, with a computer screen on top, which sort of closed off the computer. I was very surprised when they showed me that I was supposed to work from that screen standing up! I complained. I just can't stand still like that. I always come with a couple of disks and lots of pictures to check out.

Anyone a couple of inches, a few centimeters shorter than me, wouldn't be able to do it at all.

The young girls working there didn't quite know how to react when I told them that they must report to their bosses, that:
"It's cruel and bad business. As soon as my discount card is finished, I'll find another place to print my pictures. And I'll be publicizing it, too."
So I'm looking for a photo place where I can sit when I'm going through the cd's, where there are good prices, too, of course. In Jerusalem, please.

Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go and tell those girls there, that it's not only you, but you have support from a whole bunch of guys from all over the world. and if u mess with me, u mess with my family, so they better watch out before we start a world movement against their business

alright?

Anonymous said...

A temporary solution would be to have the latest batch of pictures developed by Snapfish or another one of the online photo developing websites and shipped to your "location" in America for your trip.

Batya said...

Actually I did tell them that they're turning away young tzanchanim (paratroopers) with bad knees, no just alte kockes, like myself.

What's snapfish?

marallyn ben moshe said...

boker tov batya...loved meeting you yesterday...we'll talk :)...how about in the mall...they have always been great...anyways let's check it out...btw max yesterday was smoke free and open doors...hmmmm...but neeman was no windows/no airconditioning/no air period...maybe we have to open our own coffee shop...wait wait...forget that i said that...meanwhile rimon is my new favourite place downtown...yahooooooo

Juggling Frogs said...

You'd think, that after you brought it to their attention, they'd hurry to find you a stool!

Batya said...

yes, marallyn,it was great, and I gave the "second meal" to my son.
We'll talk.

jf, I would have needed a high bar stool to reach. I think I made the young girls working there uncomfortable. I just hope they reported it.

Anonymous said...

Prisma on Yaffo has seats for their computer kiosk.

Batya said...

I'll check it out. How much do they charge. At photo nissim, I bought 500 prints for ns250, meaning just 50ag, 1/2 shekel per print. That's about 10 cents including tax.