Sunday, July 22, 2007

Shavua Tov

I had a very pleasant Shabbat here. Of course I ate too much. I read a lot. I finished the Jonathan Kellerman book I had bought at the library for half a buck. I bought a bunch of books there. Then I read a junky book to fill the rest of the afternoon. And then we went for a walk around the neighborhood and ended up eating Seudat Shlishit, the 3rd Sabbath meal at a neighbor's.

Soon I'll be back at my parents' house, and tomorrow a family get-together at a cousin's daughter's place.

I've noticed that all the supermarkets seem to have organic milk, besides the regular and lactaid. I wonder what's not in the organic milk. I was told that organic grapes still have sulphur and I'm trying to avoid sulphur since I'm allergic to it. I wish I could get non-homogenized milk, since the homogenization process isn't good. The milk fat sticks to the blood vessels "better," which is worse for our health.

4 comments:

Toto said...

From what I remember, Organic dairy products are made from milk that comes from cows who are not injected with hormones or something to that effect. I've heard those hormones are to blame for American kids reaching puberty earlier and earlier each year. who knows?

Batya said...

My sil buys organic. I really don't like all the hormones and other additives.
Tonight I had real half and half. It was that or no fat.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Kellerman has always been one of my favorite writers..the books flow so freely..and keep you on your toes..which one did you just finish reading?

have you ever read the Red Tent? I can't recall the author, but another fabulous book..
as is the Kite Runner
Always,
Crusty~

Batya said...

I read Billy Straight/Sweet? something like that and another one which had too many characters. One word title.