Monday, July 02, 2007

Trusting instincts

Sometimes things go like clockwork, thank G-d.

Yesterday, after a busy day in Jerusalem, of which I blogged only a fraction of my adventures, I realized that I had just missed the 5:30 bus and was not going to wait for the 6:30.

Something in me said:
"Go!"

And I rushed to the #6 bus stop and caught a bus to the "trempiada"/bus stop to get home. It was crowded, and I made my way as far to the back of the double-bus as I could. Suddenly a young woman offered me her seat. I thankfully took it. Yes, I look old enough to get seats, and I'm happy about it, since standing is not good for me.

The minute I got off the bus I saw a neighbor's car, but it was full. As I approached a young man got out, and I was told to get in. The neighbors had explained that travellers to Shiloh got priority, not those getting off earlier.

They took me straight home, right to my door.

Baruch Hashem, Thank G-d

2 comments:

Soccer Dad said...

You don't look old enough to get seats!

Batya said...

You mean that you wouldn't give me a seat?!

I'm happy to sit and glad that I've reached this stage, not that standing is hard, but that people are nice to me.

Yes, thanks for the compliment!