Friday, July 13, 2007

Late Night

No, I wasn't partying, not at all.


This morning my alarm woke me at my usual time. I drank my water, set up the coffeemaker for my usual morning treat, sat at the computer and just couldn't function. I finally went to the couch and slept another hour.


I can't complain. How can I when all I'm missing is a little sleep? There's a family in nearby Maale Levona who is missing a son, a brother.


Hundreds of people gathered last night in the Shiloh Cemetery to bury a boy, a youngster who hadn't yet celebrated his eighteenth birthday. Sobs filled the air. Stars were hidden by the mist; the warm tears rose like steam.


HaMakom Y'Nachem

4 comments:

Irina Tsukerman said...

May his memory be a blessing and comfort to his family, friends, and the community.

Batya said...

AMEN

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

Absolutely heartbreaking.

What happened?

Batya said...

Car accident. He was a passenger.