Saturday, June 11, 2011

Feeling The Pain of Others

Tikkun Olam has been blogging about her daughter's serious health problem, chronic pain.  Her daughter went from young, active and healthy to young and pretty much paralysed by pain, chronic pain.  Her daughter blogs about it in both Hebrew and English.  Here's an excerpt:

Four months ago, I didn't have RSD. I could walk, run, jump. Now it's hard for me to go to the bathroom or take a bath. It is hard for me to focus enough on my hand-eye coordination when I eat to not make a mess and get crumbs everywhere. I don't pity myself at all! Life deals bad hands a lot of the time. What makes me feel bad isn't that I have RSD, it's that everyone else has to learn to cope with it.

RSD, takes your life and your family's life. And that's what it is like to live with RSD - to not be able to live.
G-d willing she will "get her life back," and her family will go back to their usual things.

Tzipi, Refuah Shleimah

2 comments:

Lady-Light said...

Batya, thank you so much for blogging about this. I hope your many readers will have rachmanut and help however they can...
שתזכי למצוות
Hopefully we'll meet...

Batya said...

Darling, be strong. Remember that miracles are done via mothers.