To cut down on the stress to my injured shoulder/arm, as you can see, I didn't cut the vegetables much. The brown lentils needed plenty of cooking, so that suits the timing for large carrots. I just cut them with the spoon when eating. They were very soft.
Exact quantities aer not important. The most important thing is a good pot with a lid.
Here are the instructions:
- check your lentils, peas or any combo for small stones or bugs
- put them in a pot and more than cover with boiling water
- cover and leave for at least an hour
- add more boiling water and put on a low flame
- add onion, carrot and any other vegetable you want, such as squash, pumpkin or sweet potato
- add a spoon or more of cooking oil
- leave to cook on a low flame for an hour or so
- if you see the water being absorbed add more boiling water
- add your salt and seasoning only when it's almost ready
- when everything is soft, turn off the flame, leave it for a few minutes and it's ready to eat