Tuesday, November 13, 2012

That Second Wind

Last night at work, my body and the clock had a slight disagreement. 

My boss had told us to close later than usual, ten instead of 9:30, and at one point I was certain that ten was rapidly approaching.  I even found myself a neighbor in the supermarket who could take me home.  But then I looked up at the wall by the cash registers and saw a clock and realized that it was barely nine.

My body had the time totally off.  I was exhausted.  I couldn't go with the neighbor.

I forced myself back into WORK WORK mode and suddenly I had energy.  In the end, the store was pretty empty by 9:15 and we closed at our usual 9:30.

Three tremps (rides) later I was safely home and wide awake.

Not even a nice cup of chamomile tea helped to calm me down.  It took much too long to fall asleep and here I am, starting the next day totally wiped out, and the week isn't over yet and I have lots to do...

2 comments:

Yocheved Golani said...

On the bright side, you lift heavy items and do lots of stretching. Good aerobic workout and someone pays you to do it! Do you close your eyes for mini-naps as you ride to/from work?

Batya said...

not a napper