Friday, September 02, 2005

Flexibility- diet breakfasts and to swim or not today

Flexibility, I really try not to be too obsessive. I've taught myself to relax about being on time. As a kid, not only was I the first to arrive at birthday parties, but I was usually there before it was supposed to start. I'd be hysterical about missing a train, even though a few minutes later there'd be another one. Being late for anything could get me totally nuts. I live in a community with an entirely different concept of time, so I try to adjust for my sanity.

I like routine and function best on the same breakfast everyday. Over the years my breakfasts have changed. Generally from egg, no carbs to some sort of cereal. When I was young I ended breakfast with coffee, but now I drink lots of water, then lots of coffee and only later, after "emptying" do I have breakfast. For the past few years I've been having a vegetable omelet without any carbohydrates. It gave me just what I needed for a strenuous morning. I adopted that when I was still a vegetarian. Then a couple of years ago I found myself looking for chocolate, especially white chocolate or halva, and candy right after breakfast. To counteract that I changed my 25 year vegetarian diet to one of meat, fish, etc. I was hungry. I also reduced carbohydrates enormously, since I didn't need them to fill up.

Unfortunately, I still suffer the binges, which don't happen when I'm not home and eat cereal, bagel, bread whatever with breakfast. So I think it's time to change. Today I had a big bowl of diced fruit, unsweetened puffed wheat and plain yogurt, and I'm not hungry.

Even though it's one of the last days the pool is open, I decided not to go today. I really have too much to do. And yes, I shouldn't be on the computer, so see you later.

3 comments:

Esther said...

I totally relate to your diet things (for energy, rather than weight) and your need to be on time. :) I wish I could settle on exactly what to have for breakfast. Sometimes I simply feel better now eating until after 11am, which I never used to do. I always had breakfast. But my stomach seems to react to anything now. It makes it hard to get motivated to eat breakfast.

Batya said...

It's important to have something early, even if just fruit.

Most important is lots of drinking when you wake up, to flush the system.

charengiwooman said...

Various dieting、beauty, healthy is written in this blog.

Tokyo Tower(Image) changed light up in commemoration of the 50th anniversary on December 2.

In TV on December 3, 2008, many of coming foreigners seem to go to the game center and Print Club, and it plays a game crane game (UFO Catcher)(Image) popular in the game center the downtown of Tokyo. there in my country
The magazine that introduces Print Club and the game center for the foreigner is published recently.