Monday, September 19, 2005

Survived

Well, I survived my first day back at work. Hard to say "after being sick," since I'm certainly not 100% ok. But I did survive. Very conveniently the school decided the 9th grade class needed to go on a school trip of sorts. I guess they were afraid of my coughing on them, and they're our youngest.

All that was left was a double lesson with the 10th grade. That's my "A" group. I decided to keep them busy and gave them a "Reading Comprehension" for a grade. Generally they take those things pretty seriously. I had to see how they'd react. First I had one all photocopied from an old book, and then at the last minute, I decided that they needed something else. So I grabbed a book, found a "mock test" and photocopied it.

Honestly, I should be marking them, but, ok, soon.

...and tomorrow I have more punishment, oops, challenges planned. I hope I get my strength back in time, especillay since I can't count on the kids being taken off campus everyday.

2 comments:

Esther said...

So you're sick but the kids get punished? Who knew you teachers had so much fun! :)

Feel better soon....

Batya said...

Thanks

Those reading comprehensions are part of the curriculum; that's why we have the double lessons once a week. They really were dolls, considering. It really shook them up when I told them that I had to crochet to keep calm. They know all about those who can't sit and do nothing.