Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I agree!

Rishon-Rishon takes the words right out of my mouth, or should I say "the taps off my keyboard?"

I also feel safer here in Israel, and yes here in Shiloh, than I feel any place else, including the states and my parents suburban Great Neck, Long Island neighborhood.

There's never any guarantee that any location will promise you safety. A few years ago a Jewish family decided to avoid the dangers of a visit to Israel, so they vacationed at the Grand Canyon and were killed in a freak helicopter crash. Recently an Israeli woman, who was afraid to go home because of terrorism was murdered in the London terror attack.

When people ask my mother how she and my father are willing to visit us in Israel, she reminds them that you can die in bed or in the bathtub, statistically more than anyplace else. My mother never gave up Broadway shows, even when New York mugging was at its peak. Though she insisted it wasn't safe for me to walk back from the station at night during my recent visit. I walk all over Shiloh at night without any problems.

There's never a way to guarantee safety, so don't use "danger" or terrorism as an excuse not to visit.

No comments: