Thursday, November 17, 2005

Weighty

Just as my friends and I are planning our very first Thanksgiving for Friends in Israel/Shiloh Dinner, Newsweek makes me feel guilty for eating.

It's not like we're planning on stuffing ourselves with stuffing, only. We'll have salad and vegetable, ok, and turkey and stuffing, and something to drink, and some dessert, and I guess too many calories.

But still, most of us do walk, at least a bit. And not all of us are car-owners, so we have to walk more than your normal middle-aged, suburban home-owner.

Though I must admit that I weigh a lot more than I used to, and I weigh a lot more than I should. Just because I eat only "healthy food," doesn't prevent me from eating too much of it. I get hungry just thinking of dieting, so I must just change my eating habits, which used to be better. Recently I've been noshing, an awful lot, on dried fruit. I guess that it means I need more of something that's in that dried fruit. I'm going to have to make some changes. Maybe if I eat more fresh fruit, and maybe I need some carbohydrates with my breakfast, like just one (how could someone eat only one?) slice of bread. Usually a handful of pretzels stop my cravings.

It's time to experiment and also time to take a major break from the computer, since I have lots to do this morning.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Screw Newsweek. Enjoy the food! :)

Batya said...

Right, guilt causes stress which isn't healthy!