Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Great Disappointment

This morning I was looking forward to eating an early lunch out with a friend. We were supposed to meet after my "swim," ok, how should I call it? My "session" in the water--don't forget the steamroom and sauna!

Well, she cancelled, so I decided to eat out by myself. I was looking forward to one of those fantastic, only 22 (used to be 20) shekel breakfasts in "Cafe au lait." imagine my surprise when I couldn't find it. I was sure I had recently seen ads. I kept walking up and down the street, but it was gone. Finally I remembered that I had seen some construction work in the front of it a few weeks ago. Then I found the spot, but another restaurant was in its place. The sign said kosher, so I peeked through the window.

How long do you want to be in suspense? Long enough? OK, I could see inside, and behind the food counter, where all the salads were, there was a man....Smoking!

That was enough for me, and I looked for another place to eat in.

And you should know that I'm the type to walk over to a falafel or pizza place, where the workers are smoking and tell them:
I would have eaten here, but I won't, because you're smoking.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Living in Florida was a big adjustment because people would smoke everywhere. The "smoking/non-smoking" sections are just silly. Blech.

Batya said...

Yes, there must be either no smoking or very separate sections. But what I was referring to was the smoking by the staff, next to the food!