Thursday, February 09, 2006

winter, dread

It's winter, real winter, today, and I dread going to work. This has nothing to do with work itself, or my studetns, better left undescribed. It also has nothing to do with the fact that the rain is so necessary for our existence. It's because last year I got so soaked just walking to the bus stop that I almost went back home. Instead I called the office and asked the secretary to get me dry shoes and socks. She thought I was joking. I insisted that I was serious. There was no way that I could teach in dripping wet boots, socks and clothes. So she got someone to bring me dry shoes and socks for the lessons, while my own dried out a bit. I wore plastic bags in my boots on the way home.

I just can't bear the thought of going through that again. Also, on Tuesday I waited a full hour in Beit El until I got a ride to Ofra. I just can't do it in the freezing rain. Am I getting old, burnt out or both?

2 comments:

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

thats how I feel when I go to work in the morning in the sub zero cold

Batya said...

sub zero?
poor you!