Monday, December 02, 2019

Pishers' Guide to Jerusalem #32, Har Chotzvim, Not The Gas Station

This is a continuation in my ongoing series about public toilets in Jerusalem. See #31, #30, #29, #28, #27, #26, #25, #24,  #23, #22, #21, #20, #19, #18, #17, #16, #15a, #15, #14, #13, #12, #11, #10, #9, #8, #7, #6, #5, Saved by The First Station aka #4a, #4, #3, #2 and #1.

Last week when I was hiking to the Kraft Family Sports Campus to watch the Jerusalem "Big Blue Lions" opening game of the season, I realized that I wouldn't safely arrive without a pit stop on the way. So I psyched myself up to check out the facilities at the gas station, since it's right off of the sidewalk, and it's "known" that they all have public toilets. I followed the signs and found the door locked. That's also standard, so I very politely asked one of the workers for the key.
"There isn't one," replied the gas station employee. 
So I made my way into a large cavernous commercial building behind the gas station and continued in my very human quest.

Within a relatively short time, I found signs directing me to a surprisingly clean and orderly "Ladies Room," aka WC, 00, public toilet.

It had all the necessary equipment and supplies; smelled OK, too.

There was even a sign outside with the Jewish blessing one says after "eliminating," because these necessary bodily functions are miracles and can't or shouldn't be taken for granted.

I was very happy to discover the welcoming Public Facilities and disappointed that the gas station isn't properly equipped. I wonder if they just refused to give me a key, because I'm not a customer.

No comments: