Monday, December 02, 2019

Pishers' Guide to Jerusalem #32, Har Chotzvim, Not The Gas Station

This is a continuation in my ongoing series about public toilets in Jerusalem. See #31#30#29#28#27#26#25#24,  #23#22#21#20#19#18#17#16#15a#15#14#13#12#11#10#9#8#7, #6#5, Saved by The First Station aka #4a#4#3#2 and #1.

Last week when I was hiking to the Kraft Family Sports Campus to watch the Jerusalem "Big Blue Lions" opening game of the season, I realized that I wouldn't safely arrive without a pit stop on the way. So I psyched myself up to check out the facilities at the gas station, since it's right off of the sidewalk, and it's "known" that they all have public toilets. I followed the signs and found the door locked. That's also standard, so I very politely asked one of the workers for the key.
"There isn't one," replied the gas station employee. 
So I made my way into a large cavernous commercial building behind the gas station and continued in my very human quest.

Within a relatively short time, I found signs directing me to a surprisingly clean and orderly "Ladies Room," aka WC, 00, public toilet.

It had all the necessary equipment and supplies; smelled OK, too.

There was even a sign outside with the Jewish blessing one says after "eliminating," because these necessary bodily functions are miracles and can't or shouldn't be taken for granted.

I was very happy to discover the welcoming Public Facilities and disappointed that the gas station isn't properly equipped. I wonder if they just refused to give me a key, because I'm not a customer.

No comments: