Saturday, June 30, 2007

Shavua tov, what's new?

Just a quick-ish post before attacking the dirty dishes.

Though there's a heat wave here, things are still lovely, especially since the local swimming pool is only a couple of minutes' walk away. And even closer, our merpeset, balcony is shaded, making everything look nicer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sometimes it seems like my constant camera-carrying and photographing everything and everyone, is sort of like spying. No, I wasn't hidden, not at all. Actually my neighbor said that he was going to take my picture, but I was quicker!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the view from your street!

It's kind of funny that in many of my favorite communities, the street names aren't used, if there are street names at all. Still, it's nice to be in communities where everyone knows where everyone else lives (excuse the poor grammar).

Batya said...

thanks

The new house across the street just got lanscaped. I'll have to post another picture.

Well, honestly, B"H, we've grown to the point where I don't know 100% of the people, but with landmarks, I can find anyone, I think.

Anonymous said...

How long did the entire building process take?

Batya said...

Actually it took under a year. It wasn't done by the usual Israeli methods.

Anonymous said...

hmm...what was different?

Batya said...

It wasn't done "brick by brick." The inside is large sheets of something. Scroll back to early mid winter to see pictures.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I've enjoyed reading your posts..came across it via Baleboostah!
Hope all is well.
Please stay safe!
I have inlaw relatives in Haifia (sp) and worry about them all the time.
Always,
Crusty~

Batya said...

Thanks so much.
I just visited your blog!