Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Something to be proud of

In that recent meme I did, I mentioned that I'm lazy, but I left out that I'm also a slob.

Ever since I dropped out of Fly babies, I haven't been throwing things out. That hasn't stopped me from buying new things, bit by bit, but over the past couple of years, it all adds up. It got to the point that I just couldn't find all sorts of things I knew I had.

All of my shirts, sweaters and various miscellaneous items live, are kept, in two shelves in my room. There's an unused dresser in one of the kids' rooms, which I recently started using a bit. First I put a large "Pyrex-like" baking dish, which doesn't fit in the kitchen. Then, since I've been having trouble with my knee and shouldn't bend down under the "kitchen-island-table" where the tablecloths are kept, I gave them a drawer. A few weeks ago, I decided to try to organize my hats, mostly of my own crocheting, in another drawer.

The bottom drawer was still empty, so I figured that maybe it would be a good idea to put some of the winter stuff from the shelf in that drawer. I started pulling stuff out and noticed that there really were things I'd never, never wear. So I got a bag for that and took an overflowing basket of sweaters plus to the dresser.

The giant to-be-given-away bag was over full, and I needed two drawers for all the winter stuff. I made room in a second drawer for them.

Then I started organizing what was left.

I found almost everything I was looking for. A few shirts are hanging in the bathroom, after being showered off. Hopefully they'll dry less wrinkled than they were when I found them. No doubt my overweight body will stretch out the rest.

Now to do "other things."

2 comments:

The Babka Nosher said...

I'm so impressed... very productive day for you!

Batya said...

thanks
Happily, I even wore one of those rescued tops yesterday.