Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Great day

Baruch Hashem, some days go really nicely.

I went to Jerusalem with my friend. She picked me up on the main road. We did some errands, had a nosh, then she went off for some appointments, and I did more errands and walked to the other end of town, where she picked me up, and then after she did some things for her kids, she dropped me off at home.

It was hard to believe that so long had passed since we had last seen each other. We promised each other that we'd make more of an effort to meet more frequently.

One of my errands was to buy "sunscreen." In one of those strange coincidents, one of the parts of the test I "read" yesterday was about how to prevent sunburn and its dangers.

When I was in the pool that morning, I, as usual, put on my sunscreen and just didn't like the smell and how it sort of dripped in to my eyes. That's why I needed to buy some. I was using an American brand, CVS, which I had bought last summer.

So when I was wandering around today, I went in to Hamashbir, the big department store, to check out if they were having specials. They were offering a good deal for "Skingard." I bought the body one and the face one. They were both on sale.

Once I went out, I put some on my face and felt fine.

Back to yesterday's test...
I felt sorry for the student, since sunscreen wasn't in the dictionary. It was one of those topics which either you understand perfectly or just can't figure out what they want from you. He hadn't a clue.

2 comments:

Lion of Zion said...

"I went in to Hamashbir, the big department store, to check out if they were having specials."

what happened to that place? i remember it as a much nicer department store, but when i was there recently is seemed to have lost its allure

Batya said...

Actually, it looked pretty good yesterday, at least the ground floor.