Thursday, June 28, 2007

Last night

cool by the pool



Sorry, we're a modest bunch and no pictures are allowed. This one shows it being repaired before the summer season began. From this angle, you can't see the well-tended grass, etc.
Swimming in our pool is "separate," either male or female. The first and last hours of the day are 18 and up. Actually, the morning "adult time" is two hours. That's my time to be there. Sometimes I go at night, for that last hour.
There's a major heatwave in Israel, and I didn't leave my house yesterday until the pool became "women" only. When I was cleaning my closet yesterday, I dug out an old bathing suit, so I'd have a second for two swims in 12 hours. I hate putting on wet bathing suits, especially when they're tight.
The air was pleasant, and the water warm. I prefer cool water when outside. Also it wasn't as clean as it is in the mornings. At least I didn't have to slather sunscreen on my face and body.
I spent most of my time side-stroke-chatting with a good friend. We've been close ever since we moved to Shiloh and hardly get to see each other.
The pool is a great social spot for me a my friends. I'll really miss it when I go to the states next month.

No comments: