Sunday, June 24, 2007

Great day!

Can you guess who did these unbeatable graphics? Mr. Bagel, of course. I love it. I wish I had it when I was posting HH #122.


Now to quickly go over my day.
As you know, I finished posting HH #122 before I wen to the pool. Thank you!
After getting dressed, I went to Jerusalem. OK, it wasn't so simple. I must have missed the bus. After waiting, trying to stay out of the sun, for at least a half an hour, a neighbor came. Usually she gives me rides, but today she was carless. I asked her if she brought us "luck" instead.
She did. Soon we were off to.... ok, not Jerusalem, but on our way, in the right direction. We got off at the T Junction to Beit El and within minutes we were in a car to Jerusalem.
I did some errands, had my teeth cleaned and then.... I met, or re-met.... Marallyn and after that Bubbie Channah. I once interviewed for a job with Marallyn. I'll never forget her. No, she didn't give me the job! We had a great talk and I had always hoped we'd meet again. And we did via blogging. And today we f2f-ed.
Then I started walking to the bus station. It wasn't terribly hot. I went on Agrippas to stay out of the sun. It was after 5pm.
I made decent time for an "old bag." But the bus was late. Then while still in Pisgat Zeev it stopped. People started getting out. A flat tire. But I didn't want to hike to the "check post" then wait for a ride.
The driver promised to stop any bus going to Ofra and put us on. Suddenly a regional bus came. He said it was going to Shiloh so we got in. Later the driver said that Shiloh was the last stop.... after Maale Levona and Eli. No way, I'd get off in Ofra. I asked a neighbor if that's what he was doing. "No, my wife will pick me up at the Maale Levona turn-off." He invited me to join. He was very generous and invited a lot of us. Three full-grown men squished into the backseat and a teenage girl sat in my lap next to the driver.
We're all family, nu?
Good night y'all.

No comments: