Monday, April 11, 2011

More Sightings! Jerusalem's Lightrail is Chugging Along

Some people are horrified that I seem excited by the lightrail.  The pragmatist in me tells me that I just have to deal with it, live with it, because we're going to have it for awhile.  A couple of weeks ago I met an elderly friend in Jerusalem.  Getting around the downtown area is very hard, because there is no bus service on the main street, Jaffa Road.  We're in the interim time, while it's closed for practice runs, but no passengers are allowed.  Those who can't walk more than a block or two have to avoid the entire area.

For me the route will be useful to go downtown or to Matan.  I'll be able to catch it either in Pisgat Ze'ev or French Hill.  It will take me to town or near Shaare Tzedek Hospital or Mount Herzl.  If I'm going to Matan, I'd get off at the Jerusalem Municipality and then walk to a bus.  I can't fight it, so it's not worth it.  May all those who got rich from graft be punished.

Here are some recent pictures I took, including the train on the bridge going to Pisgat Zeev.










No comments: