Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yummy Late Lunch at HaGov!

On Wednesday, after studying in Matan, I met a friend for lunch.  We wanted to eat at HaGov, the kosher sports bar & grill, since it's now open for the lunch crowd from 2pm every day, Sunday-Thursday.  Since we had time before its opening, we went to the "Designer Outlet" in Talpiyot first.  I got some great bargains there.  I'm glad that I'm now a size that makes it possible to easily find clothes that fit.

Then we drove downtown to HaGov.  We took a table overlooking Yoel Solomon Street and ordered.  I had the Chicken Salad.  They gave it to me, according to my request, just with salad and not with the chips and fried onions.  I make that sort of request in all sorts of restaurants in Israel and abroad.  I don't eat the carbohydrates, and I do like a lot of salad.  It came with slices of toast and a few spreads, as you can see.  I didn't touch the toast, but I added the spreads to my salad.  I also had my first chametz after Passover, beer.  Everything was delicious!


My friend had vegetable soup and edamame, green soy beans.  She also enjoyed her meal.





It's a good thing that HaGov has expanded its hours.  Many people I know had wanted to eat there but don't usually go out at night.

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Looks delicious!

Batya said...

tasted even better